Energy And sustainability
We adopt a holistic approach to energy and sustainability in the built environment taking into account the following key factors from the onset: the people, the context, the building, the social impact, the natural environment, the economic impact.
Understanding the key drivers of our clients and local planners, we guide sustainability strategies, LZC appraisals and design solutions ensuring most practical and commercially viable technologies are employed to bring true value to projects throughout their construction and operational life cycle- a ‘Fabric First’ approach and emphasis on ‘Energy in Use rather than Compliance’ are key to achieving striking the right balance.
With a thorough understanding of Code for Sustainable Homes, Part ‘L’ Building Regulations, BREEAM 2018 and Planning requirements for various Local Councils, we lead and manage the sustainability aspects on projects from concept and planning to completion and post completion stages.
- Sustainability Statements for Planning
- Renewable Energy Appraisals and Studies
- CHP Analysis and Design
- District/Community Heating and Cooling Strategies
- Building Energy Audits
- Post Occupancy Evaluation
- Advice on Passive Building Designs (including Passivehaus)
- Technology and Investment Option Appraisals
- Dynamic Thermal and Energy Use Modelling
- BREEAM Assessment and BREEAM Accredited Professional (AP)
- Part 'L' Building Regulations Compliance Modelling
- Carbon Management Assessment (SBEM & EPC)
- WELL Building Standard Accredited Professional (AP)
- LEED Assessment and LEED Accredited Professional (AP)